Friday 14 August 2015

Udemy gives me heart-eye-face

Well hello there lovely readers!

Today I wanted to share with you my latest discovery: Udemy free courses.

As career-planners, updating our skills is perpetually useful, and luckily for us - learning cool new stuff can only be a good thing. There are lots of sites out there for free online courses, or MOOCs as they're known, but I found Udemy the most accessible.

On Udemy you can take bazillions of online courses for just about anything, and many of them are free. Even the paid ones frequently have deals on them, and after I bought 2 courses I was given a lifetime discount code - I'll never pay more than £12 for knowledge again!

FREE BRAINS!

The free courses are genuinely free and there's a good number and range of them. Signing up is easy and the site is user friendly. There's also a guide to course level (beginner, all, advanced, etc) which is actually accurate, and some, though unfortunately not all, courses give an indication of how long they should take to complete. For me, it was a winner.

This is probably sounding like I'm on commission or something - I'm not!

[Although, Udemy, if you're listening.... ;) ]

I just like free stuff, and if it gets me places - so much the better!

So far I've done courses on Social Entrepreneurship, Resume Writing, and LinkedIn, and I have several marketing and management courses in my wishlist. There's also courses on languages, health, IT, software, photography - whatever I decide to learn, for the rest of my life, Udemy has my back ;)

Since doing the LinkedIn course I've made my profile skimmable, discovered how to increase my views, joined loads of useful groups, and learned how to follow relevant people. I'm already seeing ways to use it to my advantage, and I've spent the last two days stalking people with job-titles I like the sound of, and comparing their skills to mine as well as learning their career paths. I had already thought I was quite good at LinkedIn, but I was missing several tricks!

So, fellow job-seekers, career developers and learning lovers, get yourself to Udemy and feed your brain.

DON'T FORGET to chat with me below!

Do you MOOC?
Where?
What do you MOOC?

What are you doing to find a job that excites you?
Or am I stark raving mad?

Let me know down there ↓

Love love love
Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment